Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Bunny's Badass Hair Mask Recipe

Hi BunBuns!

I've been busting butt in the studio, to the point of exhaustion.  Last night I pampered myself with a well-deserved, much needed Bunny bath.  I was a dirty Bunny! lol It was soo indulgent. Vanilla sugar bubble bath w/ shea butter, pink bath confetti, I threw some potpourri in, a little bath fizz, good smelling candles, listened to female vocalists on Pandora; I hooked it up!

Wanted to share my Bunny hair mask recipe with y'all.  It's incredibly nurturing with lots of protein which is great for hair, each ingredient has a purpose.  This morning I woke up and I couldn't stop touching and smelling myself (my hair, that is) lol.

Okay. Y'all ready?

Don't worry about measuring, it doesn't matter how much you put in of each ingredient.  If you want more of one ingredient that's fine, you can customize it to fit your hair's needs (put more avacado, bananas, olive oil if your hair is dry). You will need more if you have longer hair, not as much if your hair is short.

• avacados

• bananas
• yogurt (plain)
• honey
• olive oil or coconut oil, or both 
• raw eggs 

Mash all the ingredients in a big bowl and mix well.  You can do this with a mixer or manually.  Put on dampened hair from roots to ends and let sit for 20-30 minutes.  Shampoo and condition as usual, rinse well.  Make sure your water isn't too hot, cuz it'll cook the egg on your head. lol

That's it! I made a big batch and poured them into small containers, then froze them.  So whenever you want to do the mask, just pull out one of the containers and defrost in the fridge til it's ready to use.  You can do it every two weeks, or weekly if your hair is really dry or fried.  


You can put a little argan oil, coconut oil, or olive oil after shampooing as a leave-in treatment.  Just put it on the ends if you have oily hair, all over if you have dry hair.

Gentlemen, you can use this recipe too.  Let me know how it worked for you LuvBuns! 

No comments: