Saturday, April 19, 2008

Dude, a revelation!

I had to get out of the house and head over to one of my homeboys' instead. Homeboys are the best. They're like your gay boys, except they're straight and you can't talk about pink lacy panties with them. Hee hee. Just got back. Boy do I feel like Doogie Howser right now! Bloggers? You feel me?

So y'all know I don't own a TV. I watch a ton of movies though, but can't do television. But when I do watch it (usually at other people's houses), I'm like a little kid in a whole new world. Even commercials seem amusing! I don't give a fuck either if the people at the gym want to stare at me when I'm laughing out loud at a damn commercial. There. I said it. "It's my blog and I can say it if I want to....uh uh uh....!"

So anyways. I was watching this reality show called "Miss Rap Supreme" on VH1 I believe, and it was awesome! It really inspired me. Especially Yo-Yo being on the show as one of the judges and all. They portrayed her as very ethereal and goddess-like on the show, as they should.

I really observed teamwork, competition, having good sportswomanship, but most of all, what really stood out for me was PERFORMANCE. Hell, I know I played at a level 1 today. I didn't do anything except get my butt to the gym and even that felt like a struggle. I admired those ladies. But you could see who was in the game and who was holding back.

Which was the lesson of the day. My performance isn't good enough right now. I need to step up my game.

Other than that, I've been working my ass off. Got a little burnt out, took a little rest, but now focused and ready once more.

No comments: