Thursday, August 7, 2008

I know something you don't know.

I know who I am. I know who I was born to be. I know what I'm going to accomplish, who I'm going to impact, what's coming.

Disappearing from art world for 3.5 years to produce new work. I want to hone in on my skills, make art for me. Not for the art world, not for expectations, not for critics, not for collectors, not for commercial. People gave me a lot of suggestions to try to contribute to help and I really appreciate it, but they're not my visions, and they don't move me. "Can you put less pussy in? Can you make it more Asian? Can you make it more delicate? Red ones? White ones? More round? Can you do a gay one? Can you do photographs of my body if I give you photos? Can you do babies?"

For me. For purity. Bringing it back, art for art's sake. Remember y'all- when we make art, we create it for our soul. And that's priceless.  It's so easy to forget why we all adore art in the first place.

You can bet your ass I'll be up to rebellious Bunny mischief! Have I ever let you down on that? Have I? Get ready.

No comments: